Snow Leopard Literature for Kids
Here are some books and magazine articles with more information about snow leopards, and they’re written for kids:
- Snow Leopards, by Dr. John E. Becker, published by Seedling Publications/The Continental Press, 2004, for beginning readers.
- The Leopard, by Karen Povey, published by Lucent Books, 2003. Part of their Endangered Animals & Habitats series. Excellent and informative. Includes a chapter about snow leopards.
- The Snow Leopard, by Jackie Morris, published by Francis Lincoln Limited, London, 2007 (available at bookstores in the United States). A magical story with beautiful paintings.
- World Above the Clouds: A Story of a Himalayan Ecosystem, by Ann Whitehead Nagda, illustrated by Paul Kratter, published by Soundprints, division of Trudy Corporation, 2000. A fine, accurately illustrated “day in the life of a snow leopard” story.
- The Snow Leopard: Help Save This Endangered Species!, By Marty Fletcher and Glenn Scherer, published by MyReportLinks.com Books, an imprint of Enslow Publishers, Inc. New Jersey, 2007.
Magazine Articles for Kids
- “Char, a Wild Snow Leopard,” by Darla Hillard, in Highlights for Children. Honesdale, Pennsylvania, September, 1994 issue.
- “Raiders in the Barley Fields,” by Darla Hillard, in Highlights for Children, Honesdale, Pennsylvania, August, 1999 issue.